miércoles, 27 de noviembre de 2013

Let's talk to someone!

For this post, I did an interview to a friend of mine. His name is Manuel López and he is an Industrial & Engineer Chemistry, now tuttoring professor by his own.

Q: Why you decided to study an engineering?
A: Well, I always wanted to study an engineering because I really good at Maths and Chemistry. Also, my mum was a Chemistry teacher in a school and he helped and teached me since I was a chilld, thus motivated me definitely to study it.

Q: Did you find difficult the degree? Tell me some experiences
A: All engineerings are difficult and requires a big effort. In my Freshman year, I failed several subjets and I've been far below my capabilities. I tought postponing for the time being, but then I thought better and I was concerned about it...but then I decided to continue. Freshman year are the most difficult for me. Universities as a rule make a sieve to select between good and bad students...Fortunately I pass to my second year degree only with 1 subject failed.


Q: Do you think, nowadays engineerings are useful to find a job?
A: To have an engineering degree always is a plus is your curriculum. Engineerings are hard, somehow requires a strong knowledge...But, it's known that now things are difficult...and the "crisis" also affects engineers. After finishing my degree I had to wait 2 years to find a job...in an office!! I've never though to work there studing an engineering...


Q: You have a hard degree, but now you are a tuttoring professor...do you like your job? What are your job expectations?
A: Well now I'm teaching childs and secondary students in the scientific framework. This is not what I want, but now things are really bad...Actually I like to teach, but I always wanted to work in a central nuclear or something like that...I have already take a look for some jobs, but it didn't call me yet. I expect for a enhance situation!

Q: What advices would you give to an engineering student or someone who wants to study an engineering?
A: Never fall, do not be discouraged and fight for it's dreams...They have to find several obstacles in his lives...but all is needed to learn. It's important also to have a high english level, and also travel, travel a lot...specially in first years! It's importante to widen your knowledge as far as possible.


                                   


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario